Date(s) - 29 Jul 2020
10:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Architectural Photography at CNE Grounds – Wed July 29, 2020 (weather permitting)
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 (weather permitting)
Location: CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) Grounds
Registration: Limited to 10 members (guests of members not allowed)
Registration Cost: None
The CNE grounds encompass over 250 acres of land with many buildings of interest for architectural photography. Below are just a few examples of interesting buildings at this location:
- The Scadding Cabin (1794)
- The Government Building (1911)
- The Horse Palace (1931)
- Art Deco-styled Bandshell (1936)
- The Food Building (1954)
- The Queen Elizabeth Building complex (1956)
The plan is to gather at the CNE grounds on Wednesday, July 29th at around 10 am, and do a walking/driving tour to photograph the various buildings (old and new). There are a number of other neat buildings in the area, including Fort York and Ontario Place that people can explore on their own. There is lots of parking at the CNE grounds, and this location is also accessible by public transit.
This will be an excellent opportunity to capture images for use in our Digital 1 Competition (Architecture) with submission deadline of October 26, 2020.
There are many on-line resources to learn about Architectural Photography; below are just a few:
- 8 Tips to Master the Art of Architecture Photography
- 9 Creative Architecture Photography Techniques for Amazing Photos!
- How to Photograph Architecture: The Complete Guide
- 5 Architecture Photography Tips to Take your Photos to the Next Level!
- 10 Inspiring Examples of Architectural Photography
Registration:10 spaces, 3 still available
Registration is closed for this event.