Date(s) - 18 Sep 2021
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
The racing starts in the late afternoon with the final races at night lit up with the stadium lights
Goodwood Kartways Race Event Photography Field Trip
***KartStars Canada Finale – Night Race***
Saturday, September 18, 2021 – RAIN or SHINE
Description: This is the last race of the Kart series and the management of Goodwood Kartways pulls out all the stops to make this race of the season very special! The racing starts in the late afternoon with the final races at night lit up with the stadium lights. This is your last opportunity to be up close and personal with the racers, their karts in the paddocks to capture some event/documentation photography. Then attempt to capture the karts zipping along the track at night as the racers compete for championship points. Your photography abilities will be challenged as you use camera panning techniques and low light/night photography attempting to use your telephoto lens and fast primes capturing the action.
Facilities: Washrooms, snack bar on-premise will be open, or bring a light snack or dinner. https://goodwoodkartways.com/
Date: Saturday, September 18, 2021 – RAIN or SHINE
Time: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Podium Trophy Ceremonies after all races ended.
Location: 5200 Concession Rd 2, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ontario, L4A 7X4
Meeting place outside in front of the snack bar.
Parking: Off of Concession Rd 2, just north of Wagg Rd. Free Parking in lot.
Registration: Limited to 10 members (guests of members not allowed).
Please note members who have already attended the July 31st and August 21st field trips will not be allowed to sign up for this trip.
Registration Cost: None
• Telephoto lens for capturing karts on the track (70-200mm, 100-400mm).
• Depending on what you have, one or two of the following; Wide Angle Zoom (16-35mm), Primes (24mm, 35mm, 50mm), and or Medium Zoom lens (24-70mm) for capturing event/documentary photos in the Paddock.
• Low light photography in the Paddock and on the track, use a fast prime lens (Apertures F1.4, F1.8, F2.0).
• Tripod or monopod allowed if you so desire, though not required.
• Earplugs, as some of the karts are noisy.
COVID Protocols & Safety Considerations
We are now in Step 3. RHCC will, at all times, follow all Federal and Provincial COVID-19 guidelines and protocols. This may result in changes to or cancellation of field trips on short notice. Until the government provides clear guidance that masks are no longer required, all field trip participants will be required to bring a mask and to wear it when requested. RHCC cannot guarantee that all participants have been fully or partially vaccinated. By participating in this field trip, you accept that you are solely responsible for your health and well-being.
• BRING a Face Mask (to be worn if Physical Distancing not consistently observed)
• BRING your own personal Hand Sanitizer (required for each participant)
• 2-Meters of Physical Distancing at all times (mandatory)
• Car Pooling (strongly discouraged)
• In addition, any member who is feeling ill or has recently tested positive for COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19 should not attend the field trip.
• The Club reserves the right to ask a member to leave the field trip if these protocols are not followed.
There are many online resources to learn techniques (panning) on how to photograph fast-moving objects (cars, motorcycles, etc.) and shoot kart races, below are just a few. You can practice panning on your local street with moving vehicles.
Sorry, this event is fully booked