Date(s) - 31 Jul 2021
10:15 AM - 4:00 PM
This is your opportunity to receive a “media pass” and get up close & personal with the racers, their karts in the paddocks to capture some event/documentation photography.
This is your opportunity to receive a “media pass” and get up close & personal with the racers, their karts in the paddocks to capture some event/documentation photography. Then, change to your telephoto lens and use camera panning techniques as you capture the karts zipping along the track as the racers compete for points for the championship at the end of the season.
With 50 years of tradition, and built on over 20 acres of rolling hills, Goodwood Kartways features one of the most prestigious track layouts in Ontario. With over one kilometre of paved racing surface, the ten-turn course is Ontario’s premier one-stop karting center.
Perhaps the biggest advantage to drivers using the course is the side-by-side racing that the track promotes. With passing opportunities in essentially every corner of the track, drivers are forced to learn the art of race-craft.
Goodwood Kartways has groomed Canadian heroes such as Ron Fellows, Paul Tracy and Scott Goodyear. Racers from all over Ontario, Canada and the USA have visited the historic facility to participate in a wide variety of karting events. It is often said to be a “must have” on driver resumes.
Facilities: Washrooms, snack bar on-premise will be open, or bring a light snack or lunch.
Date: Saturday, July 31, 2021 RAIN or SHINE
Time: 10:15 am – 4:00 pm. After 4:00 pm Trophy Ceremonies.
Location: 5200 Concession Rd 2, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ontario, L4A 7X4
Meeting place outside in front of the snack bar.
Parking: Off of Concession Rd 2, just north of Wagg Rd. Free Parking in lot.
Registration: Limited to 10 members (guests of members not allowed).
If full please email me that you want to be put on a waitlist in case there are any cancellations or to register for the August 21st event.
Registration Cost: None
Further details will be shared with members who register for this event.
COVID Protocols & Safety Considerations
We are now in Stage 3. RHCC will, at all times, follow all Federal and Provincial COVID-19 guidelines and protocols. This may result in changes to or cancellation of field trips on short notice. Until the government provides clear guidance that masks are no longer required, all field trip participants will be required to bring a mask and to wear it when requested. RHCC cannot guarantee that all participants have been fully or partially vaccinated. By participating in this field trip, you accept that you are solely responsible for your health and well-being.
- BRING a Face Mask (to be worn if Physical Distancing not consistently observed)
- BRING your own personal Hand Sanitizer (required for each participant)
- 2-Meters of Physical Distancing at all times (mandatory)
- Car Pooling (strongly discouraged)
- In addition, any member who is feeling ill or has recently tested positive for COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19 should not attend the field trip.
- The Club reserves the right to ask a member to leave the field trip if these protocols are not followed.
- Telephoto lens for capturing karts on the track (70-200mm, 100-400mm).
- Depending on what you have, one or two of the following; Wide Angle Zoom (16-35mm), Primes (24mm, 35mm, 50mm), and or Medium Zoom lens (24-70mm) for capturing event/documentary photos in the Paddock.
- Tripod or monopod allowed if you so desire, though not required.
There are many online resources to learn techniques (panning) on how to photograph fast-moving objects (cars, motorcycles etc.) and shoot kart races, below are just a few. You can practice panning on your local street with moving vehicles.
RHCC Assigned Topics for 2021-2022
1. Minimalism (Emphasis on colour, objects, shapes & textures. Minimal content).
2. Black & White.
3. Long Exposures (Sharp stationary objects & blurry moving elements. Strong story).
5. High Key Minimal tonal range. Lacks deep contrasts. Almost entirely bright with a few dark areas.
6. Geometrics (Emphasis on lines, circles, spheres & triangles).
Sorry, this event is fully booked