Richmond Green Park
Richmond Green Park
Date(s) - 30 Sep 2021
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
There are often red-winged blackbirds, kingfishers, ducks, and gulls present. Many of the flowers in the beautiful park gardens are still in bloom.
Note: Booking does not open until Tuesday, Sept 28th at 8:00 pm.
Thursday, September 30th
9:00am – 11:00ish am
Richmond Green (pond)
Leaders: Debbie Gottdenker and Isabel DaSilva
Maximum: 12 participants
We will meet at the pond at Richmond Green around 9:00 am. (see directions below). Hopefully, the resident Great Blue Heron will be there. There are often red-winged blackbirds, kingfishers, ducks, and gulls present. Many of the flowers in the beautiful park gardens are still in bloom.
While we can’t guarantee that the wildlife will be present, bring a long lens to capture whatever birds, bees, (and maybe a beaver) are around. Also, think about bringing a macro lens to capture some of the flora in the area. We will start at the pond but be prepared to walk around the park to explore other photographic opportunities.
Enter through the main entrance at the traffic lights on Elgin Mills and turn right into parking lot A. Once parked, make your way east along the paths to the gazebo which is on the west side of the pond (5).
RHCC will, at all times, follow all Federal and Provincial COVID-19 guidelines and protocols. This may result in changes to or cancellation of field trips on short notice. Until the government provides clear guidance that masks are no longer required, all field trip participants will be required to bring a mask and to wear it when requested. RHCC cannot guarantee that all participants have been fully or partially vaccinated. By participating in this field trip, you accept that you are solely responsible for your health and well-being.
• BRING a Face Mask (to be worn if Physical Distancing not consistently observed)
• BRING your own personal Hand Sanitizer (required for each participant)
• 2-Meters of Physical Distancing at all times (mandatory)
• Car Pooling (strongly discouraged)
• In addition, any member who is feeling ill or has recently tested positive for COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19 should not attend the field trip.
• The Club reserves the right to ask a member to leave the field trip if these protocols are not followed.
Registration:12 spaces, 2 still available
Registration is closed for this event.