Date(s) - 20 Oct 2018
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Street Photography/Graffiti Alley
This is an opportunity to practice your street photography skills and to prepare for our upcoming “Street Photography” competition scheduled for November. We will explore Graffiti Alley, China Town and finish off in the Kensington Market area.
Schedule and Location
- Meet 9:00AM at the Starbucks on the corner of Spadina and Richmond Streets. There are plenty of Green P parking lots along Spadina.
- We’ll walk west through Graffiti Alley to Portland Street and then head north to Queen St and then east back to Spadina
- At Spadina Ave we’ll head north up through China Town and finish off exploring Kensington Market
- Fixed focal length lenses such as 50mm f1.4 or equivalent work well as well zoom lenses such as a wide angle lens, 24-120 or equivalent would also work. These lenses may prove easier to manage under more crowded locations or more confined spaces.
- A Polarizer filter may also be useful for store front images.
- Tripods will prove awkward in this type of environment but a monopod may be helpful.
- Comfort is important. As you are walking from one location to the next sporting your camera equipment, it may be best to consider comfortable footwear. Edit your camera gear accordingly. A backpack may be helpful offering hands free storage of your equipment as well as a spot to store a jacket or other essentials for any unplanned weather changes.
- There is no charge to attend this field trip, except the cost of parking or the cost of public transit as applicable.
Number of Participants
- Ed Orendorff
Registration:50 spaces, 26 still available
Registration is closed for this event.