- Items of Interest
- Tips and Links from our Members
- Photographers of Interest
- Greater Toronto Camera Clubs
CAPA (Canadian Association for Photographic Art)
- CAPA (Canadian Association for Photographic Art ) RHCC has a club membership in CAPA.
Items of InterestThis is a collection of unsolicited items sent to the club by other organizations. A posting here does NOT imply that RHCC endorses the organization in any way.
From our Tips ‘n Tricks Pages, or Contributed by Members
General Photography Sites
- http://www.torontopics.com/digital.asp?pagename=tcs Great collection of links to e-magazines, Toronto camera stores, Review sites, Camera Manufactures, etc.
- http://www.all-things-photography.com/better-digital-photography.html How-to articles relating to many aspects of photography, very useful for beginners as well as more advanced amateur photographers.
- http://www.photoworkshop.com E-magazine discussing many areas of photography and featuring pro photographers and their work.
- http://photography.about.com How-to articles and purchasing advice re. all things photography, including for beginners.
- http://graphicssoft.about.com/ How-to articles re. graphics software, scanning, post processing, organizing photos, etc. Beginner and intermediate level, although there is always something more to learn about software or a better way to do things.
- http://www.luminous-landscape.com/index.shtml (dedicated to all aspects of landscape, nature and documentary photography) [Glenn Steplock]
- http://strobist.blogspot.com/ all about LIGHT
- http://shuttermom.com/ from learning basics to starting a business
- http://www.dpreview.com Updated news and reviews of cameras and lenses.
- http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ (Canon Digital Camera and lens reviews) [Glenn Steplock]
- http:/www.cameralabs.com . This site used YouTube for video footage reviews, excellent as you could see the camera in action. They are very unbiased as well. [Glenn Steplock]
- http://www.ofo.ca Select the link to Photos. This is a site I browse for bird sighting of interest. You can also post your photos. Often the users will post their email address and location. I then converse with them to find new spots to shoot from. Lately we have been going to Whitby’s Lynde Shores Conservation. An excellent place to view birds and feed from your hand. You often run into many amature and pro shooters, a good place to meet and learn from others. [Glenn Steplock]
- http://www.cardenplainimportantbirdarea.com/welcomeh.htm Carden Plain, near Kirkfield, Ontario. This is apparently a world wide known birding mecca and naturalist reserve. I have joined a mailing list through the website and have been sent the tentative Promotional agenda for this springs Carden Nature Festival. There are a number of activities scheduled over the 2 days. If you would like to view the agenda please let me know and I can send the email to the club. [Glenn Steplock]
Free Photo Software
- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx Photo Story 3, Raw Image Viewer, etc.
- www.gimp.org Free rival to Photoshop/Photoshop Elements
- www.irfanview.com Super picture browser/semi-editor
- http://www.mehdiplugins.com Free Photoshop plug-ins. I have found a number of these to be quite fun to use, especially kaleidoscope, julia world, projection. [Lance Gitter]
- http://www.photonews.ca Subscribe to a free magazine, PhotoNews. Features the products distributed by Amplis Photo (Manfrotto, Tamron, Tamrac, Metz, etc.) but is a nice glossy magazine with pretty good articles. [Bob Pollock]
- http://www.russellbrown.com Fun videos relating to photography and Photoshop.
- http://kelbytv.com/photoshopusertv/ Downloadable videos teaching Photoshop tips & tricks.
- http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/Photography/2 (Photoshop-related articles/tutorials on searchable topics) [Glenn Steplock]
- http://www.bairarteditions.com/pages/tutorials/photoshop/ (More Photoshop how-to articles/discussions) [Glenn Steplock]
- http://www.shutterfreaks.com/Tips/Tips.html lots of Photoshop tips and resources
Hardware How-to Site
- http://www.digital-slr-guide.com Learn what all those buttons and dials do. Free info and inexpensive lessons on how to choose and/or use your camera.
Sites for sharing your Images
For reviews/comparisons of these sites and more: http://www.cnet.com/reviews/
|Freeman Patterson||One of Canada’s preeminent photographers|
|Richard Martin||Contributing editor for Photo Life Magazine|
|Frans Lanting||National Geographic photographer|
|Andre Gallant||Well-known Canadian photographer|
|Paul Sparrow||Photographer, Multi-Media Producer and
member of the Latow Photographers Guild in Burlington