One annual photo essay competition is held each year.
A Photoessay is a presentation of a selection of images on a topic and it may have an audio track.
Photo essays may use any number of still images, and, while the emphasis is on still images, video clips are permitted.
The sound track may include narration, music and sound effects.
- The subject matter for the photo essay competition is unrestricted but is subject to the club’s acceptable content policies.
- No more than one essay shall be permitted from each maker.
- Photo essays shall be no longer than 6 minutes; there is no minimum time limit.
- The maker’s name or identity must not appear on any image, in the credits, or be revealed in the narration of a photo essay.
- Entrants must submit their photo essay by the due date to the Photo Essay Competition Chairperson. If the essay is in a digital format commonly used by club members, the essay shall be judged on equipment and software provided by the Club. If the essay is in a format for which the Club does not have equipment, and/or software the maker must provide the appropriate equipment and software and show appropriate Club personnel how to operate it. Preferred formats are video files, such as .mp4, .mpg, .avi which will play on any system. We do not accept .exe files for security and compatibility purposes.
- Two or more members may jointly prepare and enter a photo essay; joint entrants shall share the awards equally.
- Submission deadlines and eligibility requirements (other than subject matter) will be at the discretion of the chairperson.
The photoessays are judged by a panel of three accredited judges and they take in to consideration elements of effective photo essay creation as outlined in this downloadable document, Clarification of Photo Essay Score Sheet Items-March 2014
Deadline for submissions: Monday, March 11, 2019 11:30 PM
Upload Menu Page for other Categories and Competitions
If you have any technical issues or questions regarding your submissions, please email