Tips and Tricks February 4, 2019
Six Ways to Shoot Images with your Smartphone
What follow applies to the Iphone from Apple, but will likely apply to many Android devices as well.
- After opening the phone with your phone’s unlock method and selecting the camera app, press the firing button on the screen.
- In shooting mode, instead of the firing button on screen, use either volume button on the side of the phone to fire the shutter. This adds stability to the shooting process.
- Re. 2 above, use either volume button on some attached headphones to fire the shutter. Your earphones act as a remote control cable.
- From its locked or unlocked status, say to the phone “Hey Siri, take a picture”, and press the firing button on screen
- Use a Bluetooth remote to fire the shutter. Again this adds the stability that a tripod, for example, will provide.
- Use your Apple Watch (Siri command) to activate your phone’s camera app and to fire the shutter.
p.s. In addition to ‘AI Gigapixel’, Topaz has introduced a new app called ‘Jpeg to Raw AI’. The former enlarges a file to a larger size without unwelcome artifacts, and the latter alters a Jpeg file into a form amenable to the manipulation enjoyed by Raw files. These are products that again diminish some of the advantages of true DSLR photography over smartphone photography.
Enjoy Photography on the camera you always have with you, Your Smartphone!