The Video-Short competition was introduced for the 2022-22 to season, in contrast to the Photo-Essay competition, to allow for predominantly video content.
- The subject matter for the Video-Short competition is unrestricted but is subject to the club’s acceptable content policy.
- No more than one Video-Short shall be permitted from each maker.
- Video-Shorts shall be no longer than 10 minutes; there is no minimum time limit. Still images and titles must NOT exceed 20% of the total runtime of the presentation.
- The maker’s name or identity must not appear on any image, in the credits, or be revealed in the narration of a photo essay.
- Entrants must submit a link to their Video-Short by the due date to the Video-Short Chair (Ron Goodlin) at AND the Competitions Chair (). This can be done using an online service such as WeTransfer.com or DropBox (Do NOT send your file by email, since it will be too large).
- Preferred video “containers” include .mp4, .avi or .mov. Video resolution should be 1920×1080 (1080p). Any frame rate is allowed. We do not accept .exe files for security and compatibility purposes.
- Two or more members may jointly prepare and enter a Video-Short; joint entrants shall share the awards equally. None of the joint entrants may submit a second, independent Video-Short.
- Submission deadlines and eligibility requirements (other than subject matter) will be at the discretion of the chairperson.
The Video-Shorts are judged by a panel of three accredited judges. They take into consideration elements of effective Video-Short creation as outlined in this downloadable document
Please note that the Video-Short competition is considered a “special” competition, so scores from this competition are not included for the end-of-the-year Awards, nor are they used to calculate Advancement Points.
Deadline for submissions: Monday, February 28, 2022 11:30 PM